Author Yossi Kohen Date of release Release Candidate 1 - May 1, 2021 .bsp filename operation_barbarossa
⚠️ This map is a work-in-progress and may not reflect the final product.
There are many ways you can help!
- Provide honest, constructive feedback. »
- Upload some nice screenshots.
- Insert videos of the map.
- Share this map with your friends, and on other sites and forums.
There are many ways you can help!
- Provide honest, constructive feedback. »
- Share this map pack with your friends, and on other sites and forums.
A visual narrative of Operation Barbarossa, depicted with Sven-Coop style.
The map consists of two chapters. These chapters have two separate map files (i.e. Ch1: operation_barbarossa -> Ch2: operation_barbarossa_ch2)
In the first chapter, you start playing as a German soldier whose name is "Rudolf Schwarz". In the second chapter, you play as a Soviet soldier named "Vitaly Voronin".
The map normally starts when there are at least 6 players available in the server, however that is disabled for now (Release Candidate 1 version). If you want to make the map start without requiring 6 players, just set the target of the only trigger_only to "ep1_start" (Chapter 1), "ep2_start" (for Chapter 2). Currently, they should be something like "NULLNULL". You can edit the bsp files using RIPENT tool, or simply with a hex editor.
Each of the chapters consists of separate episodes with different counts.
The play time is expected to be from 45 minutes to 1 hour. There will be various tracks playing in the background to make it fully enjoyable.
This chapter depicts the famous "Steiner's Attack" and its consequences.
Date: June, 1941
Location: Krakau, General Governorate
The Polish resistance started a small uprising. Your job is to kill all the resistance soldiers in order to pursue through the Eastern Front.
Date: July, 1941
Location: Minsk, Byelorussian Soviet Socialist Republic
Your brigade has successfully suppressed the uprising in Krakau and further proceeded to Minsk, Byelorussian SSR.
The soviet soldiers have developed a nuclear weapon, and they plan to drop it on the German soil. Your purpose is to prevent it by fusing the bomb at their own nuclear facility.
This map contains a small puzzle to solve, a little like HL2 puzzles. I will not mention it here to not spoil it.
After arming the bomb for self-detonation, you must evacuate the facility immediately and head off to the evacuation zone marked with a wooden sign. You will not see the explosion, however, I created a realistic 3D sound to simulate the detonation.
You will later see this part again in the next chapter.
Date: December, 1941
Location: Moscow, Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic
After the bomb detonated and ruined all of their facility, they became desperate and stopped attacking.
You and your team took their position as a chance to pursue further.
You finally reached Moscow.
Your objective is to find the technological advancement of the Soviets' in the KGB headquarters, and to destroy it.
This map contains a radio tower that needs to be interacted.
Date: November, 1943
Location: Minsk, Reichskomissariat Ostland
After the tragic event, you now play as a Soviet soldier, named 'Vitaly Voronin'.
The Nazis could not hold Moscow much long, and therefore backed to Reichkomissariat Ostland.
Your objective is to kill all Nazi soldiers in Minsk to dismantle the R.K. Ostland and ultimately to pursue to Berlin.
Date: January, 1945
Location: Krakow, General Governorate
Throughout 2 years, the soviet soldiers defeated the Nazis in Minsk and the Reichkomissariat Ostland collapsed!
You are now deployed to Krakow.
The Nazis have owned the city for almost 4 years. There are Nazis everywhere.
Your objective is to kill all the Nazis and liberate the town.
Date: April, 1945
Location: Bavarian Alps, Third Reich
The entire Nazi operation is gone. The Nazis lost the war.
Your teammates reached Berlin and confirmed that the Führer killed himself.
Meanwhile, you are deployed in the Bavarian Alps to investigate Führer's safe house.
You must kill all the remaining Nazis to get inside of his house.
A brief postface, telling how the war affected the Germans, the ones who started it. The consequences to the innocent German civilians. It also contains a short neutral biography of A. Hitler.
The map ends here.
Want to Contribute ?
Currently I need someone who can help me with these:
* Mouth animations for the characters in the Steiner's Attack scene.
* Axis & Soviet soldier models.
* … (Write a comment if you think you can help me with something else)
I do not believe in nor endorse the ideas of communism, socialism, fascism, Falangism, Nazism, or national socialism; the map was made as a side-project during my free time purely for fictional purposes. This project does not glorify any nation or entity featured via their music or any other means.
This map is based on already made maps.
All copyright content (if any) is used under the terms of "Fair Use" with no commercial intents. If you think there is a violation, please write a comment or contact with me so that I can remove your content.
• Valve for 3dmsnowy.wad
• Various images gathered from internet that are publicly available.
• Hedgehog_Fog for the base map hwnc_blackbush_b1. Check out the Halloween mod that is made for CS 1.6, it is awesome!
• ? for the wind wheel.
• CounterWarfareGhost for the MW2 ported models.
• Hypax for the cyber truck model.
• Valve for the cs_office projector prefab
• BlackSwordsman for the Interiors Mix #1 prefab.
• JPEG for the 3d bonfire.
• El Pirucho XP-007 for the Stretcher prefab.
• Savemgs for the Rifle Case model.
• CZ|Luther for the Fuel Truck and Firetruck model.
• Negi for the Red Ladder model.
• Gtwalq for the Office Corner Desk Set prefab.
• Alberto309 for the spotlight sprite.
• Tonight /A/ for the Kitchen prefab.
• Tonight /A/ for the Radio Mast prefab.
• FrostOne for the Tables Pack prefab.
• Natko for the Cabana prefab.
• Natko for the Snowed Tower prefab.
• Natko for the Crane prefab.
• Natko for the Power Lines prefab.
• NeoHL for the Explosive Warehouse prefab.
• Burner for the Barrels Kit prefab.
• SuCCuq~ for the Personal Computer prefab.
• Corvalho for the .50 Machine Gun prefab.
• Tekela XII for the Furniture pack prefab.
• Valve for the de_nuke map.
• Valve for the cs_assault map.
• MaMuS for de_mon (a very beautiful map made for CS 1.6. Play it!)
• Fuzzy1 for decompiled cs_assault map.
• (?) for Nazi soldier model.
• Castor for Hitler model.
• Mrbond123 for the Hitler Limousine model.
• KernCore91 for the WW2Projekt.
• Hezus for the TNT prefab.
• Downfall movie for the various soldier skins, and sentences.
• (?) for the track 'Erika'.
• Iwiploppenisse, tommccann, eflexmusic, stereobrother, floarianreichelt for the sfx 'Explosion'
• Floarianreichelt for the sfx 'Fire.ogg'
• Karl Sternau, Gesche for the song 'Die Letzte Kompanie'
• Robinhood76 for the sfx 'leakinggas.ogg'
• Karl Sternau for the song "Wo Alle Strassen Enden"
• Movingplaid for the sfx "suicide_step.ogg"
• Lubini, felix-blume, ruben, leonelmail, kruf for the sfx "suicide_shot.ogg"
• Trouby for the sfx "truck.ogg"
• Band Ария, for the song "крещение огнём"
• Band Ария, for the song "Kolizey"
• Band Ария, for the song "Потерянный рай"
• Band Ария, for the song "Колизей"
• Band Ария, for the song "Беспечный ангел"
* wootguy for his excellent tools "resguy", and "modelguy".
* Sam Vanheer for his brilliant fork "Half Life Asset Manager".
This list is not complete and will be updated later. I'm sorry if I forgot to give credits.
This place will be updated as soon as a new version arrives.
The creator of this project is me, Yossi Kohen. I will sign the project files everytime I upload here. Note my public key here so that you can later verify if the newer versions are modified or came from me (original).Code
- -----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK----- Comment: User-ID: Yossi Kohen Comment: Created: 01/05/2021 06:57 Comment: Type: 3,072-bit RSA (secret key available) Comment: Usage: Signing, Encryption, Certifying User-IDs Comment: Fingerprint: A86FCEB30EF14A0B367265BC10F2D41D939C4026 mQGNBGCM0ZUBDAClzvDqTqqjWr2CDAehg+1UlnCOg+3KyQAxWap6fqHFuksciO2l GFL3L9zhU/dCUP6C5cPQcsqoWkdGmpvYUl2WGZ4/0lnTBVsCy6T2EfWVrNzHl2Rn dB5yU3GTVLxVqwHktKT4OW7ZqqXsrfpTgcRZwvyFrONWHzAIIjN723YBNpW3Nv5l UagEfs/BtP7bKG+ipneQtctotszXqhOmxdz20L/SMz0zFathqpXUUESzudvGLDqM QjPCbvsuqV0LIo4pd6QI9bOrlRv8avAN9sKe7u2QU1wh5Leu2GfdLH63I2j6ag6r sCwxy5rJearXcmrgfNuFdH+MWmDA2ko8lUa6tUPf2xC0+DgKDrBiRoVSlmVvZb2S PFNkH+rk+dVtJED4lhZKXhL3b9HBuVvwwKo8C4kCfHnaoZO6iE7XwusE2I+2SIg7 +3jIhaKp7DvMzN5WEcluGnyr34nKhJI9X/CL1laEsxffxKNl9AnYxd4LSrPyp63v EwyCAiB0UI3C2D0AEQEAAbQLWW9zc2kgS29oZW6JAc4EEwEIADgCGwMFCwkIBwIG FQoJCAsCBBYCAwECHgECF4AWIQSob86zDvFKCzZyZbwQ8tQdk5xAJgUCYIzR1wAK CRAQ8tQdk5xAJpxCC/wKZUBIRRnHLDgwp7yrGQWGk/TcmYFlmzpAtUPByei0wUsg G0sfO2Emo9GoJssOLbFctdJAVabNsdG9nO5YjXJa7MG0weWfsxD0Op83+fkZ4H9i HII/BZ5oG7ONCR7TdAPwdewe7HhcnBE0lDlJ/JcI+6cUF6H84+Mv0/w0al0igaRx OciAX2lZ1fAGNOHzZzuuLfbXvMqvCy9F2MWthukbRbmDGOBQhQOy+T4o3PoAQp4d sW07wbt/zXBpZxZ2WZOfaoGad93hQmHyHwlMUXMFXpg8GLGDvA4m0WNlQBAl2bSM 1WgtU1AsRIkiGPYGdwxXdIdOZd5HYZ8BulgEucJZzA56gfu7MRi/y9KzFHpwoI3I F8zSkVUS/bLceJCQ9v78hp0VFn0tIcRS25uiXTxzgbOF4tFqWwsINf/065aosfPL 45Loul89kaeY0HJdlcCjwftCxKgsS0X0Ftia2H1Z91t0XG9/VaYkINkwx8rfGNtr 9niz5CahAIUBdSmfiHm5AY0EYIzRlQEMAOD92D/VsVR+0040GI6xcMSPZ9ZuaMtU qLtDjdh9908yoJjyTNZKUbwETXCt8huWai91XwmqvJkwJBux6oGgJDAYHybtsYAq ey/9o/xp00FCZHDbjjSNyP8guden9dWJagvcmV6nt3g5c/JU6YgmqD/dolJ65z8R dzVOUaXt6P0Q3oRX4vAghd07JBM33QyJjKxBk4i2AUJPqYEJDj7cHvGaqbIJ3kHR nu1aNCAk1VIrJcTp9IkN/iRQK51PhrFMSQyBdgbodTJTejEo54WrsKOkWvdKR7wd 0gKKC6sTNH1C6fV1qPjyLe3hE8OVPIstZNCnUDqxdO4uTkMKK5xzfMfYMlZTnv1A iBN/bIZ/CSPk4ETD7/KaTkMIfBW+Rx2F/RGZB3LzIEwjPsOZuERxVf3jiizM+1zK 9PMSaAznQm4a2oYVxFVeDrBvUmuwNVRvYp6Jyy4xSz6DENP/z1PGZQfmR3ku0R+r 9jzTIlHHbJFceuBd8K4FUEyVev+ucBf2/QARAQABiQG8BBgBCAAmFiEEqG/Osw7x Sgs2cmW8EPLUHZOcQCYFAmCM0ZUCGwwFCQPCrfsACgkQEPLUHZOcQCY75Qv/f7sl LkAXYY3q+AfkpOyvZcZrot1GG8rIV1DfS6tsekvQwzwGR3pfwm7Q0cbgyJ8f9aqH G8g8qmfistn3q/MwXuD1LmlRNuLN+aTCa8EHQrD7bw5oGeKGwPlvdw1fEnEwy28Q yDY7021UcnOGxZyRes8RrmNOoi8sfK5xfKlWkJgWUmdnGhnAVoIzNUGNl/gk5Dte jhAwrNi53MlLmm0mK2VQ7xj+s0AmG03dldXL63ih2M7zXO08TFATADq8bKtEBpQ9 xCm32l5r2ID3md1MzausdLo2CMpiqEMqqC3XbEcwsko2/7nqFbzYn1LpyOrDxC56 IjmYNf52ZSaGwCu33KiCLpfAi55W0BG4cKsMxfdhXUvgOTqL7ySeSS/sKC9/71Kl HBemmwXjFUuWj9qmbQHRoXieNq/Kc3WqgzlAR8GMuNEbOmI1jPd35qJwcPLCCsJ3 fg3Mi8elESkAlAkbilIYhsPqgnme8irq2SL07BA+MchZUNe5IMhgCY0NXGRY =jRq7 -----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----