Author Nih Date of release Not yet released .bsp filename mustard
- Setting: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory mixed with H.P. Lovecraft. In an alternate version of the 1920's, a Willy Wonka type person has hired the players to run his mustard factory.
- The goal/winning condition of the map is to produce a set quantity of mustard barrels.
- Players produce mustard by following a chain of production steps: 1. Grind the mustards. 2. Mix ingredients. 3. Pack the barrels.
- Running each machine (3-6 grinders, 3-6 mixers, and 1 packing machine) is a simple two step process: Add an input then press a button. Each machine takes 3-5 minutes to finish, so they mostly run in the background.
- There will be "Panic Events", where the factory is sabotaged, which the players must then repair. Enemies arrive in these events.
- Rifts are opening between another world and ours, through which dangerous creatures are entering. This provides the lose condition: If the rifts becomes too many, the players lose. Players must close the rifts.
- In short, players must juggle between three tasks: Running the factory, repairing the machines, and closing rifts.
- The map is huge and completely non-linear. My main challenge will be to ensure players can navigate the map. Instructional signs, frequent direction-giving by the factory owner, and color-coded sectors will help.
- The map will have secrets. Hopefully many, of varying hiddeness.